“As a security vendor there are too many dangers on Facebook to advocate its use”.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Here is a pretty fantastic read on Facebook and "what's going on" when you surf the site, create an account and communicate with other people. There is also a good detailed explanation of what "Apps" are and so on; good read for even the experienced users out there!
Monday, August 10, 2009
- BetterPrivacy; Ever wondered why you are still tracked though you tried everything to prevent it? BetterPrivacy is a Super Cookie Safeguard which protects from usually not deletable LSO's. It blocks longterm tracking on Google, YouTube Ebay and many others...
- Colorful Tabs (Firefox); The most beautiful yet the simplest add-on that makes a strong colorful appeal. Colors every tab in a different color and makes them easy to distinguish while beautifying the overall appearance of the interface.
- Cooliris; Simply the fastest and most stunning way to browse photos and videos from the Web or your desktop. Effortlessly scroll an infinite "3D Wall" of your content from Facebook, Google Images, YouTube, Flickr...
- FireFTP; A free, secure, cross-platform FTP client for Chrome and Firefox which provides easy and intuitive access to FTP servers.
- Flagfox; Displays a country flag depicting the location of the current website's server and provides quick access to detailed location and webserver information.
- Long URL Please; Replaces short urls with the originals so you can see where links actually link to.
- NoScript; The best security you can get in a web browser! Allow active content to run only from sites you trust, and protect yourself against XSS and Clickjacking attacks.
- Pocket; Pocket allows you to save web pages of interest to read later. It eliminates cluttering of bookmarks with sites that are merely of a one-time interest.
- WOT; Web of Trust, warns you about risky websites that try to scam visitors, deliver malware or send spam. Protect your computer against online threats by using WOT as your front-line layer of protection when browsing or searching in unfamiliar territory.
- Google Cast; Send content to your Chromecast and other devices that support Google Cast.
- LastPass; LastPass is a free password manager and form filler. LastPass is also available for Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and Safari.
- AdBlock; One of the most popular extensions, with over 15 million users! Blocks ads all over the web.
- Chrome to Mobile; Send web pages from Chrome on your computer to Chrome on your phone or tablet.
- After the Deadline; Check spelling, style, and grammar in your browser.
- HTTPS Everywhere; Encrypt the Web! Automatically use HTTPS security on many sites.
- Keep My Opt-Outs; Permanently opts your browser out of online ad personalization via cookies.
- Lazarus: Form Recovery; Autosaves everything you type so you can easily recover from form-killing timeouts, crashes and network errors.
- MightyText; Text from Chrome! Sync'd with Android ~ SMS & Texting like Google Voice in Google Chrome!
Let us know of any issues with links!
Friday, August 7, 2009
We have been following and reporting about the lack of security importance over at Twitter.com as well as try to inform the populace of their lack of concern. Though it's member and use numbers climb every day, so do the number & severity of exploitations against them! Please, follow up on Pacific NorthWest Computers'..